<span class="highlight">Roof</span> <span class="highlight">top</span> <span class="highlight">tents</span>

Submitted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 13:08
ThreadID: 86664 Views:2631 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
I wonder if anybody has recently bought a TJM Yulara or Hannibal Classic. If so, what have been your experiences with it so far - happy?

Cheers

George
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Life Member - esarby (NSW) - Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 13:20

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 13:20
Hi George.

As my in my picture, I have a Impi. Great set up. Open it up and straight into bed. 63 kilos, Aero dynamic, easy one man set-up. Easy to remove with to people but mine stays where it is. Steve.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 455988

Follow Up By: stamps - Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 20:22

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 20:22
Hi Steve,

Did you have a look at the Autohome models (columbus) its the same design as yours? is there enough room for two people?

cheers,
stamps
FollowupID: 729008

Follow Up By: Life Member - esarby (NSW) - Wednesday, Jun 01, 2011 at 13:57

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2011 at 13:57
The Impi has a double mattress and sleeps two comfortably. With the three way entry you can always climb in away from the weather. I have looked at the fold out types but no so easy on your own to open and pack up.
cheers Steve.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 729039

Reply By: vk1dx - Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 13:52

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 13:52
We have the Hannibal Tourer with the full annex. Its suprisingly warmer than expected. We go into the Vic high areas a lot. Heading northwards soon though. Not too keen on camping in the snow. The old bones - you know!

We remove it when not in use. Back up under the verandah and hang it under there with two bits of wood and four short lengths of chain. I can do it on my own.

No complaints and seems a better foul weather option than others in our group have. They a bit light for rain, wind and the cold.

But expensive.

Phil
AnswerID: 455993

Reply By: Member - Roy E (QLD) - Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 21:10

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 21:10
Another vote for the hannibal tourer, my wife and I have been using one for over three years now in all weathers (read savere storm, heat, cold, rain) and it's never missed a beat, the last trip was 10,000Km through NT in Jan/Feb this year. And yes it was hot and we spent 3 days tackling the QLD floods to get out there, we were very glad of being on the roof I can tell you!

The tent is as good now as the day we bought it, it's used regularly and never comes off the top of the Patrol, just give it a clean out when we get back and wax the seams occasionally. We looked at the others at the time we bought and none of them came close in the material and construction department, we have a look each year but in my opinion there's still nothing that I would trust like the Hannibal when were on an extended trip and it's our only shelters. The other thing I would say is that after sales is awesome, Peter is a great guy to deal with, we started with the smaller model than the one we have now and had no problem upgrading and have had loads of advice and tips along the way.

Hope that helps!
AnswerID: 456032

Follow Up By: blue one - Wednesday, Jun 01, 2011 at 18:42

Wednesday, Jun 01, 2011 at 18:42
I have a Hannibal with a Jumbo annex. Been all over Aus in the last 5 years and even the missus is happy with the accomodation.

Great tent and service from Pete.
FollowupID: 729063

Sponsored Links